The Nexus Nominations committee is seeking names of those who sense a call to serving on the Nexus Board for the 2021 – 2023 term as well as the 2023 – 2025 term.
Nexus is a national ministry for the next generations of Korean American United Methodists that has been a blessing to many for decades. In this time of denominational conflict and uncertainty of the future, the Nominations committee is praying to hear from those who have a vision for its future. Therefore, an online form has been created and is now available to complete and submit.
The process is that, once the period of receiving contact from those who sense a call has come to a close, the Nominations Committee will prayerfully form a slate of names to be voted upon at Convocation 2021.
The deadline to send in your name is August 3, 2021.
The following are the positions and their stated responsibilities:
- The President shall coordinate and oversee all programs. S/he shall assume duties as defined in consultation with the Board of Directors. The President shall serve as the liaison to any and all governing bodies of the United Methodist Church, including, the UM Council for Korean-American Ministries.
- The Vice-President shall assume the duties of President in her/his absence and assume duties as defined in consultation with the President and the Board of Directors. The Vice-President shall also chair the procurement of funding and promoting of NEXUS.
- The Treasurer shall manage the financial matters and give necessary reports to the Board of Directors and the NEXUS members at the biennial national conference
- The Internship Director shall oversee the NEXUS Internship Program
- Members-at-Large shall provide regular reports regarding the activities of the various United Methodist Church conferences and local churches.